Knauf Jet Stream Ultra Blown Fiberglass
Knauf Insulation Jet Stream® ULTRA Blowing Wool Insulation is an unbonded, virgin fibrous glass blowing insulation designed with optimal thermal properties and excellent coverage and blowing characteristics.
Knauf Insulation Jet Stream ULTRA Blowing Wool Insulation is installed in open attics of both new and existing structures and/or in closed cavity applications with the BIBS system (Blow-in-Blanket System) in which ventilation is not required. Jet Stream ULTRA, when used in closed cavity applications is BIBS approved and can only be installed by BIBS certified installers to ensure the highest quality installed performance. Loose fill blowing insulation is intended for use where pneumatically installed insulation is most cost-effective.
Excellent Thermal Performance
- Fills all gaps and voids, creating a thermal barrier against outside air and better temperature control
- Resists heat flow with an R-value of:
- R-15 in 2 x 4 construction
- R-23 in 2 x 6 construction
- One product, one inventory, two applications
- Reduces fuel usage and utility bills for heating and air conditioning
- Each bag contains the equivalent of over 30 recycled bottles, with a minimum of 60% post-consumer recycled glass content
- Improves Sound Transmission Class (STC) ratings by 4 to 10 points
- Jet Stream ULTRA Blowing Wool Insulation is a pneumatically installed insulation product (see Equipment Required below).
- Non-combustible, non-corrosive
- Will not rot, mildew or deteriorate